On March 31, 2021 a decision was unanimously achieved to incorporate a new Chapter within the Shields Under Fire, Incorporated organization which involves a select group of Chaplains that in accordance with the State Code of Indiana, IC 34-6-2-88.3, shall be authorized to perform duties that are specific to Clergy members within the State of Indiana. The members of this new Chapter shall be authorized to be Ordained Chaplains within the organization and shall fall under the jurisdiction of said organization. Members of the Brotherhood of the Cross shall be authorized and granted permission to perform the following rights and duties in accordance with Indiana State Laws, Ordinances, and Codes:
1) The right to perform as an Officiant for Wedding ceremonies.
2) The right to perform Baptisms in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior.
3) The right to perform as an Officiant at funerals.
4) The right to swear in new members of Shields Under Fire, Inc and new members of the Order of Ordained Chaplains.
5) The right to perform Holy Sacraments Rites such as: Holy Communion, Anointment , Confession, and Confirmation.
Being an Ordained Chaplain within The Brotherhood of the Cross is a honorable and humble title that must be earned. This position within the organization of Shields Under Fire, Inc is to be held with the highest amount of regard for the Laws of God while serving as disciples of Christ by living a Christ-Like life. Therefor, for any one individual to be considered for Ordainment through this chapter there are certain requirements that must be acquired and maintained through out the individuals service as an Ordained Chaplain. These requirements are non-negotiable and any violation can lead to the removal of an individual’s privileges. Their title as an Ordained Chaplain and removal from the Brotherhood of the Cross and the Order of Ordained Chaplains.